Monday, May 9, 2011

Ambition

"Ambition is the grand enemy of all peace." -John Cowper Powys
I totally agree with this quote, I think it is so true. I think the reason that ambition destroys peace is that it creates competitions between people, it makes them become aggressive and combative. Because everyone wants to be better than everyone else, people don't share things and they tend to become unfriendly. However, although ambition is destructive and injurious, I think it is something that we all need to have. Ambition to me is like goals that you set for yourself. Goals are extremely important because everybody needs to know at all times what they are working for and what they want to achieve. Having no ambition is like having no plans or ideas of what you are going to do now and in the future. All successful people have a great amount of ambition. The key is to learn how to balance that and not to let your ambition hurt others that are around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment